Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Pierre-Joseph Proudhon: Self-Government and the Citizen-State

I've spent much of the last six months on a journey down the rabbit hole in search of Proudhon's theory of the State, and as I suspect my notes on the study have made clear, it's been quite an adventure. The essay, "Pierre-Joseph Proudhon: Self-Government and the Citizen-State," has been accepted for publication in German, in Nomos's Staatsverständnisse series. Rather than shop the English-language version around, I'll incorporate significant parts of it into the Everything in the Balance, where everything that was cut and condensed in this very short essay can get a chance to be and breathe. I'm in the midst of compiling a pamphlet, containing the essay, my notes from the blog, and some translations from Proudhon, but the text and a pdf version of the essay are now available in the new Labyrinth archive.

No comments: